Anyway, things are winding down toward the end of the year, and I'm somewhat proud of the progress I managed to make. However, there's still plenty left to go.
I managed to get my brother in to record, so Dirk's lines are taken care off, and now all that's left is to get Alice's out of the way and barebones mode should be complete. Meanwhile, I plan on cleaning up scenes as I go! As time passes by it looks like I'll still be working on the film after the semester's over, but I plan for that work to be mostly final touches and perhaps the opening and ending sequences. I don't think those segments will count toward my final projected time. Which when I think about it is a good strategy; worrying about how long/what will be in the title sequence is some wasted effort if one doesn't finish the bulk of the film first. Probably why productions have 'working titles', etc.
Anyhoo, my plans for the rest of the week/semester is as follows.
- Record Final Alice Dialogue
- Clean up Dirk/Lipsync
- Clean up Alice/Lipsync
- Additional Background elements
The only real problems I am expecting are:
- Because I am adding in dialogue after, there may be a few accents and pops in the dialogue that I might miss.
- Alice's dialogue may be of a lesser quality because operating the recording room with only one person can be hard.
- Depending on time/clean up I may or may not reach color stage.
- Same as above, but compositingy atmospherey stuff.
- Work over the summer! >:O